Parliamentary Commemorative Plaques
In the Parliamentary Visitors Welcome Centre of the Centre Block of the House of Commons, currently hang 80 bronze plaques, displaying the names of Members of Parliament and Senators who have served in Parliament since Confederation. The plaques serve as a permanent tribute to the important contribution that over 5,000 Canadians have made to Parliament and to Canada since 1867.
The Canadian life and health insurance industry is proud to be the sole financial sponsor of the commemorative plaques.
The plaques were first unveiled in June 1996 and a new set has been added following each successive Parliament.
On May 30, 2016 the commemorative plaques for the 41st Parliament were unveiled.
Millions of Canadians and visitors from abroad have viewed the plaques in their visits to Parliament.